Penthouse 3 Bedroom Kercem Gozo
Gozo Direct is pleased to present this wonderful large penthouse in the quiet neighbourhood of Kercem Gozo.
If you enquire early enough the penthouses can be adapted for a pool or hot tub.
A spacious 126 SQ Metres.
Just a few minute's stroll to the children's park council offices and the football ground, this maisonette is spacious and well-designed.
This penthouse offers
3 bedrooms 2 En suite
126 Square meters
Construction is well underway and due to be finished in June or July 2023
Prices include common parts.
Prices are for shell form. Finished prices are available.
Price includes Airspace
Available to Purchase
Lounge Dining Room
Gozo Area Information
A typical Gozitan village with a relaxed atmosphere that includes the much smaller hamlet of Santa Lucija. Walking distance from the city of Victoria and its medieval Citadella.
South-west of Victoria, tucked between the lovely Lunzjata Valley and the lush hills rising to the Xlendi cliffs, is the small settlement of Ta' Kercem. It surrounds Fontana, Gharb, Ghasri, Munxar, Saint Lawrence, and Victoria, the nation's capital.
Archeological evidence indicates that people have lived in the area near Kercem since extremely ancient times, dating as far back as the Ghar Dalam era (5000–4500 B.C.). A third-century Christian cemetery and the remains of a Punic sanctuary, a Phoenician house, Roman baths, and other ancient structures have all been discovered nearby, proving that the area was home to a thriving society for many years. Unfortunately, there isn't much to see because many of these discoveries have been either destroyed or buried.
Around a chapel devoted to Pope Gregory the Great, Ta' Kercem as we know it now first began to take shape in the late Middle Ages. A procession from Victoria's Matrix Church to this location on the Saint's Day in March made this chapel, which was constructed in 1581, highly significant until the processions halted in 1967. The current church was constructed in 1851, and Kercem was made a parish in 1885. It is the only church in Gozita that is simultaneously dedicated to Pope St. Gregory and Our Lady of Succors. In 1910, the church was expanded as a result of the population boom.
Although it is part of Kercem, the hamlet of Santa Lucija is rather unique and has its own unassuming church plaza. Several historic homes clustered around a former chapel dedicated to St. Lucy make up the hamlet known as Santa Lucija.